Milen Vrabevski, MD, Founder and CEO of Comac Medical, is a renowned innovator, entrepreneur, and change-maker.
His strategic vision revolves around the concept of “Innovations for better health”. Using this ideology as a driving engine, Dr. Vrabevski has initiated multiple activities, organizations, and causes in the fields of education, knowledge economy, young talent support, and social inclusion through entrepreneurship and innovation to improve people’s lives and the cultural environment.
Under the corporate strategy of Dr. Vrabevski, Comac Medical reinvests an average of 74% of its net revenue in Research and Development. As a result, in 2016 the company received the “PYTHAGORAS” Award of the Ministry of Education and Science in the category “Company with the biggest investment in scientific research”.
Throughout the years, his programs for Corporate Social Responsibility have continuously expanded and evolved into a vision that positions the company not only as a privately owned enterprise, but also as an integrated part and a champion of the whole innovation scenery on the Balkan Peninsula. With this vision in place, the company successfully qualified as a Horizon 2020 beneficiary and in 2015 was ranked as one of the “Growth Champions” by the European Commission’s report assessing the innovative potential of companies (IMP³rove Assessment Report). Furthermore, in 2016, Comac Medical received a Seal of Excellence from the European Commission for a project proposal submitted for the Horizon 2020 program.
In 2018, Dr. Vrabevski is invited as a keynote speaker at the meeting of Minister of the EU.
The main difference between Comac Medical and shareholder multinationals, however, is Compac Medical’s value added to the development of the society. The company is proud to be a factor in its growth, not just a source of income for a few people.
In parallel to leading Comac Medical to new achievements and recognitions, Dr. Vrabevski has continuously excelled as an internationally recognized leader, entrepreneur, and public figure. Examples of his personal achievements include:
- Becoming a member of the Clinton Global Initiative through a personal invitation of President Clinton;
- Receiving European Citizen’s Prize in 2013;
- Participating as a keynote speaker at the Meeting of Ministers of the EU on the topic of Competitiveness and Research;
- Participating a Speaker of Honor at the 2nd International Governance Summit in Lyon, France;
- Establishing the Bulgarian Memory Foundation (a non-profit organization) in 2007;
- Establishing own music production company “Intelligent Music” in 2010;
- Establishing a private school (2015) and two kindergartens in 2014;
- Being presented with the prestigious award “Excellence in Innovation” by the President of the Republic of Bulgaria in 2019;
- Being awarded in 2019 by the Bulgarian Ministry of Defence with an honorary plaque for proven merit in the field of Bulgarian culture and education, research and science, for active patriotic activity, charity and for a significant contribution to the Ministry of Defence.
*To read the full history of the achievements of our CEO Milen Vrabevski, MD you can visit Wikipedia and Biosketch.