The owner and CEO of Comac Medical, Milen Vrabevski, MD, continues to receive recognitions for his philanthropic projects and investments in Bulgaria and the Balkan region. Milen Vrabevski, MD, has been nominated in the category “Humanism and impact investing” in the National Medical Awards 2020 competition. The nomination emphasizes the importance of humanistic and philanthropic projects among industry experts.
Some of the biggest ventures championed by our CEO in 2019 are taken into consideration for the nomination:
-The unprecedented commitment to accelerate the development of a new vaccine for COVID-19 which resulted in Comac Medical launching a partnership with a global pharmaceutical company
-The investments in projects supporting the development of the Balkan region, the Bulgarian diaspora in the Balkans, Ukraine and Moldova through the activities of the Bulgarian Memory Foundation (BGMF) as mentioned below:
- Donations of protective equipment to the Republic of North Macedonia amid the global coronavirus pandemic (article here)
- The infrastructure improvements in the local water supply system in Prespa (Albania), funded by Milen Vrabevski, MD, ensuring 24/7 water supply in 2 out of 9 villages in the region
- The purchase of a fire truck, an ambulance and a car which are also delivered to the people living in Prespa. They will serve 10,000 people in areas where people live in extreme poverty and completely isolated from the world due to the devastating earthquake that struck Albania recently.
– “Big Family” initiative that continues to support 15 low income families with more than 3 children around Bulgaria.
– The continued investment in the Bulgarian education through the activities of the owned by Milen Vravevski, MD, private school “Tsar Simeon Veliki” in Sofia, which impressive construction and modern facilities mirror his vision for modern European education.
Some of the most prominent names of the industry will be recognized at the event. The ceremony will take place on June 25 at the ballroom of Marinela Hotel, Sofia.
Partners of the event are the National Patient Organization (NGO), the Bulgarian Medical Association (BMA) and the National Association of General Practitioners (NAGP), the Sofia Medical College at the BMA and others.